Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trade In Advice

Thread: Trade In Advice
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
Just how obvious is this damage? If it's something that'd have been staring you in the face, then surely it must have happened after the exchange took place.

Chances are one of the staff has taken it for a spin and scraped it, then parked it back where they found it in the hope that nobody would notice. Somebody else will have noticed the damage afterwards, and assumed that it was like that when you traded it in.

If it's something less obvious, then maybe it was there to start out with. But the deal's done, and unless you've signed something to say that there's no other damage to the car besides what was already disclosed, I'd say they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Unless it's serious damage, I can't see what their problem is. Minor dings don't usually heavily affect trade-in value anyway. The driver who delivered my current car and took away the old one reckoned they have a 'dentmaster' type guy who comes around and fixes all minor dings on a whole car for 80 quid.

For anything worse, they can probably just wait for some spare time in their bodyshop and sort it for the cost of parts and paint. Either way, it's not going to cost them a packet.

In any legal dispute, they will be seen as experts in their chosen trade, therefore they should know what to look for. They're trying it on man... tell them to go skin a rabbit instead.

Don't even consider giving them anything. What car sold/bought? If recent, you can bet their markup is at least £1000/£1500 so what are they quibbling about FHS?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome