Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Sticking Sunroof*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11th December 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - Sticking Sunroof*FIXED*

One more happy new forum user. Exactly the same problem on my '03 Laguna, tilt ok but only sliding a quarter. No need to ask the question (again) just searched for the info and bingo!

My experience was that the offending sound deadening is very much like bitumen but as stated brittle and relatively easy to chip/snap away. My sunroof cover wasn't free either so it took a bit of work so I could slide it far enough to get to the 2 back torx screws and lift out the glass so I could attack from both sides.

This was my weapon of choice: Multi screw driver with extension, then the 6mm socket with a long 12mm wood drill bit. I taped this all together as it was a bit loose but this gave the advantage of effectively giving a UJ for ease of access as well as not loosing anything in the deep recesses of the headlining. Recommend that it is between 16" and 18" as this enables you to reach the back section whilst still being able to easily hit the end of the screwdriver in the cabin. You will need a torch.

Took about an hour although a lot of this was trying to get the sunroof surround seated correctly as it really needs to be tight in the corners to fit again, but I now have a fully functioning tilt and slide electric sunroof. Now to attack resistor 101 in the climate display......
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome