Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Trafficmaster sat-nav improved

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
There's no way I could do my daily commute without the YQ2 now. The few times I've had to do the run without (because I have a hire car while mine is in for service, and forgot to take the TrafficMaster with me) I've always made some sort of excuse to leave work early and get in late the following day, just to avoid peak traffic. The YQ2 does a grand job of giving me the best return motorway route from Chester to Salford every day, and if it tells me both motorways are useless, I can take my chances on the A roads.

I've never been that taken with the 'talky' TrafficMaster products - I don't think they'd tell me what I need to know, i.e. which is the best route round Birmingham (though the YQ doesn't know about the toll road and probably never will) or whether I should hop onto the M6/M62 of a morning or stick with the M56/M60. News of what's going on three or four junctions ahead is useless. By the time I found out about a serious problem, I'd already be committed to the route.

So it looks like the YQ2 is staying put. Though I wonder if anyone knows of any adhesive pads that are good enough to take the weight of the thing (and stick to the Laguna's rather unevenly textured dash) but which won't leave a permanent mark when I finally need to remove them and return the car. Pritt pads and most double-sided foam tapes are next to useless. Sellotape outdoor sticky fixers seem to be about the best I've found so far, though even they fail when the weather gets really hot.

Any suggestions?
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome