Join Date: Jul 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Thanked 95 Times in 64 Posts
Well I've been playing a bit and learning. Here's what I've found so far.
1) It can definitely handle stereo from 64 to 192Kbit. It probably works with mono and other rates too, but I haven't tried them yet.
2) It's fine with CD-RW as well as CD-R
3) Disc navigation and playing order appears to be purely file and folder name based. If you put files in the root folder of the CD, the player sees them as being in a folder called 'Root Folder'
4) ID3 tags are used, but only if you select the 'Audio Text' option after pressing the CD button. It will use either v2.3 or 2.4 tags by preference. If they're not present, then it'll fall back to v1. If both are missing, you'll get dashes for the artist and track names.
5) The display only shows the first few characters of each file or folder name, so it's better to name your files "01 Track Title.mp3" rather than "01 - Track Title.mp3"
I'll be happy to research the thing a bit more and do a 'how to' CD ripping guide if anyone's interested.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.