Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #280 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Spoke with a rep from Watchdog today, looks like they are thinking about doing a follow up program. First time round Renault said that it was a small number of cars that had the problem now Watchdog have had a lot of complaints so now know this is not the case.

I passed on details of this site and a few others for them to have a look at so someone may contact you soon! I hope they do another program as that would get the word out there again.

I'v been trying to get Egg to put in writing the reason why I had to pay for a new bonnet clip. All I was looking for was something in writing saying I had to pay for a new one as the old one was faulty. After a few attempts I was ignored so called up again and asked why they had not responded to me. Got the letter today goes on about how the bonnet clip was faulty and my insurance does not cover a faulty part etc fair enough. This bit I didn't expect was that they are going to send me a cheque for the cost of my new bonnet clip for my troubles!
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome