Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Having had Laguna 1 written off.....

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Having had Laguna 1 written off..... aBlack Fiat Punto, blacked out windows while i was
parked outside home after he had bounced off my neighbours car which was also parked on path outside his home , i decided to go for a laguna 2 dynamique 1.8 16v 52 plate.

I bought it from an independent garage (not renault)

29k on clock ,everything felt right and everything tied up.

We agreed a deal,they would service it before i drive it away,and do a couple of small jobs on it that i pointed out.
thursdays are the only days that they let their cars go,so i arranged to pick it up the following thursday after work.....

On the way home i noticed a rattling noise coming from front of car,i pulled over looked round car in engine compartment and underneath,i noticed that the plastic under shield for the engine was missing and they had left 3 of the 4 bolts in the frame work that holds the shield on,complete with washers,thats what was rattling.I had nearly got home(about 10miles apart) so i decided to ring up the next day

"They must have left it off during the service" we will order a replacement .That was 29 november 2006 "its got to come from france,we have not forgotten about it"

I have a 3 month warranty with the car ,does this seem a long time for this or am i just worrying too much,also the revs seem to be a erratic now,when i come to a stop and put it in reverse the revs rise to about 1300 every time,does this come under the warranty?

sorry about the long post but i need somebody to ask about this
thanks in advance
Currently in gingermart's garage:
'52 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16 v
  5 Lastest Threads by gingermart
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
vandal scratches! Bodywork TazzyK 1 879 8th January 2008 09:23 AM
MOT passed but... Cars & motoring gingermart 4 1171 26th September 2007 05:28 PM
Some selfish person has..... Bodywork superbiatch 9 1760 25th July 2007 06:55 PM
computer ..miles to go? Electronics leroy 4 1058 18th July 2007 07:19 AM
tyre ratings Wheels & tyres VelSatisfied 4 1074 18th July 2007 07:07 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome