Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grande Scenic - Stage 3 car seats don't fit

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Child Seats in Renault Grand Scenic.

Originally Posted by pauldv View Post
Hi it is the stage three car seats (not boosters) that use the car seat belt to restrain the child that are a problem. Boosters do not give any side or head protection and certainly at the crossover age from Stage 2 to 3 I am not happy to put my three year old straight onto a booster without a backrest.
I am waiting for the next response from Renault UK after Renault France make a decision how they are going to resolve the problem at the end of January. I will update the forum then. We did try stage 3 seats in an S Max recently and they worked perfectly. From a personal perspective we will never buy another Renault and our sister-in-law who has a standard scenic is of the same opinion.
Well, I am grateful for the comments even if they are contradictory. Apsande apparently has no problems with the baby seat issue and Pauldv does. I think we need a little more input on this, is there anyone with a Grand Scenic who has had to fit baby / kiddy seats and would like to comment, please do? It will be of great value to all owners now, and prospective owners in choosing a vehicle that is suitable for their needs.

Currently in Gael33's garage:
2010 Renault Grand Scenic Privelege 1.5dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome