Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus vs Nissan Note

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2007 Thread Starter
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Renault Modus vs Nissan Note

Question, and before you all pile in ... YES I've searched the forums

My management is hinting that our little white beastie (the Clio) is getting a bit tired, and has started leaving subtle hints around the house .... Renault Modus brochures!

I personally think the Clio is in good fettle but starting to get a bit old, so I'll play along for the time being.

The Modus is interesting but I was not that impressed when we had a loaner from the dealer while the bus was getting fixed .... again ... sigh!

I had a Nissan Note as a hire car reciently and WAS impressed, what I know is ....

1. Renault own Nissan.
2. Nissan Note is built on a stretched Modus platform, partial knock down kits shipped to Sunderland.
3. Renault Ncap 5*, Nissan Ncap 4*
4. Modus build .. awful, Nissan build looks sooooo much better and the dash is not made from the inside of a Victoria biscuit box.
5. Nissan share most Renault parts, engines, switchgear, running gear.

QUESTION ... Has anyone actually had a real good look at these two models? did anyone buy the Note rather than the Modus? or vice versa?

Any info would be helpful, I've read all the car comics and they seem to swing back and fro, and Clarkston hasnt written a review so help.

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
  5 Lastest Threads by Truckbusuk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
4Car - web site is no more ... General Chat Truckbusuk 0 1541 31st December 2009 08:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome