Join Date: Aug 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After a third and final attempt yesterday, I'm pleased to say I've finally managed to do it!
Obviously the trick is to get enough access for your hands...
- Remove the plastic battery cover.
- Move the '-' negative cable connecting the battery to the bodywork, so that it 'flips' out of the way (it's very thick).
- There's a multiplug connector joining two cable looms together - disconnect this to gain a bit more access (there's a purple thing on the connector that you have to slide up to do this).
- One of these wiring looms (coming from the direction of the bonnet latch) will still be connected to the bodywork with a clip. Unclip this by pushing it through the hole in the bodywork, so you can push the cable more out of the way.
- Remove the circular cover over the back of the Xenons by rotating, and then start fumbling! The bulb holder unclips by pushing two 'tongs' together.
The replacement bulb is one of those push-fit types - a pack of two from Halfords costs £1.99.
Currently in dkmulvey's garage:
'02 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique