Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II e-handbrake adjustment?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Scenic II e-handbrake adjustment?

Hi all,

I've read the sticky on strip down and refitting of the electronic handbrake (very useful) but can't find an awful lot of info on adjustment.

Story thus far: I have a fully functioning handbrake i.e. it engages / disengages using the dashboard switch and auto-engages/disengages when moving off/switching engine off etc. The problem is we still have the dreaded 'Parking Brake Fault' on dashboard, which has been there since the offside rear cable seized last year. We rectified the issue by getting a new cable made up and the car passed it's MoT. However, the fault notification remains, even after doing the manual reset using key (another thread) and also wiping faults using the Can Clip.

Having stripped the brake again yesterday (got this down to 15-20mins now!) the motor appears to be winding out fully when the brake is released, which in turn leaves @1.5cm of extra brake cable poking through the caliper arms? The calipers move freely and the arms go against the stops as they should but if I manually shorten the cable (using nearside cable cam to wind further into the motor tube) all goes well until I release the cable and once more the motor winds out fully (or until the emergency release module attached to offside cable reaches the stop).

I don't know if this is causing the brake fault but it doesn't look right i.e. like the parameters within the motor are not set to wind in/wind out correctly). Anyone got any ideas as the car won't pass the MoT this year now the rules have changed?
Currently in Warren569's garage:
2006 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 Dci 130
  5 Lastest Threads by Warren569
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sceni II Gearbox Oil (6 Speed) Transmissions Warren569 0 680 30th December 2013 09:54 AM
Scenic II Injection Fault - Can Clip gets no... Engines congoblue 5 1578 19th December 2013 01:47 PM
Scenic II e-handbrake adjustment? Brakes/Hubs Dancingdad 7 2657 14th December 2013 01:08 PM
Electronic Handbrake / parking brake Cable... Brakes/Hubs Warren569 0 3259 18th September 2012 03:23 PM
Renault Grand Scenic 2006 TDC markers? Engines Warren569 2 1355 7th August 2012 02:23 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome