Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parking brake warning slow to clear

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Parking brake warning slow to clear

OK, while I am waiting to have the brake mechanism looked at beneath the car this week here is another tale regarding the brakes that I need answering.
I took my car into a National Tyres branch to have 2 new rear tyres fitted. They put the car on the ramp, did the job and when they drove it back to me the fitter said "How long you had that fault on the brakes?" I thought he meant the warning sign staying on but as I drove off I realised the STOP sign was now illuminated and every time I used the handbrake I had a tone and a warning notice flash up!! This happened until I got home, locked the car, counted to 10, unlocked it and the "fault" was gone.
Forward then several months and I visited the same branch, this time to investigate slight wandering. Again the car was taken onto the ramp, lifted but then soon dropped as it was the lower ball joints at fault and not something they dealt with (?). This time they didn't even touch the rear wheels but once again I had STOP in big red letters, the same message, the same tone each time I stopped until I did the lock, wait and unlock routine.

What on earth do they do between getting in the car, moving it 10 yards onto the ramp and 10 yards back to me
Currently in chriswilliamson's garage:
Scenic 1.5dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome