Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 3 Coupe 2008 - 2012 should I buy?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 15th December 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Laguna 3 Coupe 2008 - 2012 should I buy?

BHP increased with no detriment to economy:
That would apply Im sure if you drive it economically,in a fuel conserving way. earlier gearchanges etc.
Drive it to actually use the increased bhp and torque for acceleration and more speed,np in getting some detriment

The sub 3.0L petrol engines,I dont know anything about.
The 2.0L diesel seems to be a variation of the 150-180 one that first appeared in the meg II 175 rs dci and at the time was the most powerfull 2l diesel goin.
On meg III they have it set for 160 bhp.
It seems very capable.

Only available in automatic:
The 3.5 v6 petrol is a variation of the nissan/renault, one of the best engines in the world .
Trouble is in the renault its detuned compared to say a 350z ,but the economy doesnt get much better.

The 3.0v6 diesel..appears to be a much better option,twin turbo etc,more torque but mpg probably slotting midway between a 2.0 diesel and the 3.5 petrol v6.
The diesel engine itself is comparatively new and doesnt have the outright performance of audi equivalents or 4wd,but Id be willing to take a punt.

edit:Hmm lets see a 350z with a diesel conversion.. that be interesting ,probably impractical.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome