Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1st Post on proposed purchase of Renault Espace

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1st Post on proposed purchase of Renault Espace

I am at the stage of virtually signing on the dotted line to purchase a 2005 Grand Espace 2.2dci Auto.
I enquired at the local main agent nearest to me on the cost of a service and I was told 300-400.

Surely this chap is not right ?
He was the salesman admittedly, and he said he wasn't sure. Talking to the actual service dept, they don't want to speculate as the car is not owned by me yet (I'm buying it from elsewhere) but they think the above figure "is unlikely"

So what are the typical costs of the 1st two services 18000 miles and the other one later on.

MUST they be done by a Renault main agent to keep warrentry valid?

When out of warrentry, are these cars really so complicated now that you really have no choice but to use a garage ?

(Over the last 30 years I've done virtually every job possible to do - except rebuilding gearboxes)

Its the garage costs that are franckly making me hesitate.

(Why buy a dear vehicle and then moan about service costs you may ask - well its had various disability modifications done, and its the availability of the modifications which dictates the choice and make of vehicle purchased)

Hopefully thanks in advance
Currently in follies's garage:
Espace Mk4 2.2dci
  5 Lastest Threads by follies
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace Auto Handbrake Feature Electronics follies 9 2104 20th September 2007 07:06 PM
1st Post on proposed purchase of Renault Espace Cars & motoring espaced? 8 1539 15th January 2007 05:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome