Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #286 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
I think when an insurer is approached for any reason, they automatically assume that the enquirer is after their money, so they try to appease by making at least a minor offer. They offered you that to say sorry that you had to ring more than once when your enquiry had not obtained a response from them. Nicer than a smack isn't it?

Nice to hear things are at least moving Meesh.
Take care.
Just had a look at that letter from Egg again, think things may not be as they first seemed! If you remember in an earlier post I said I was suspicious of Egg as Egg are underwritten by UK Insurance limited and UK Insurance Limited underwrite Renault. Feel as though their is a conflict of interest their!

Looking at my letter from Egg it states -
"I am pleased to advise that Egg Insurance has agreed to cover the cost for the new bonnet catch on this occasion ... and can confirm that I have arranged a cheque in the sum of £59.57 to be sent to you. This would represent full reimbursement of the cost you incurred in relation to the faulty part ... If we do not hear from you within 8 weeks, we will assume that we have concluded this matter to your satisfaction.

Today I receive a cheque not from Egg but from UK Insurance! Do you think I am being paranoid about what they are trying to do here or agree that they seem to be trying to get me to settle for £59.57!

The letter does clearly state that the bonnet clip was faulty though so in a way that has strengthened my case. With insurance companies I have never heard of them just to give money back when it has not been asked for.

Going to do a bit more digging on UK Insurance I think.
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome