Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2005
A former user
As an update to this topic.. My friedn from germany has suggested to me that his have gone and I think he will be doing another how to shortly for anyone who suffers the unfortunate fate of broken or frayed elec window cables.

Apparently he beleives the problem may be solved with the use of cable from a bicycle shop ( read - your local halfrauds )

If you have tried the reset technique but the window is making funny noises or not shutting probably then the chances are that the cable has gone or is about to go..

As a temporary measure ( and to ensure the window stays up ) pop down to your local car window replacement place and ask if they have any spare rubber wedges. These little wedges of rubber can be squeezed into the gap between the window and the door frame to provide a temporary degree of insulation.

Having experienced two front window failures and read about more here I can only assume this problem is common and perhaps a weakness of material and the car design. Rather than winge I propose that we find a solution.

Share your experiences on this topic within this post please + offer your solution if you have found one.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome