Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #291 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
[QUOTE=Meesh;126789]Hi Meesh. I just got your message so before anything else..............

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOO YOUOUOU.......24 2day, 24 2day,,, (skipping along the path singing merrily into the distance...)

Many happy returns of the day. Be lucky Missy, and may your God be always with you.

Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
UK Insurance underwrite Renault Insurance as well as Egg Insurance and I have been told that Renault own UK Insurance limited!!!!!
Uk Insurance Limited underwrite many policies including Natwest, Virgin, Ulster Bank, Green Flag and others.
As I understand it, Egg Intermediary is really just an "agent", that also gives its travel and home insurance to AXA, life and critical ilness insurance to Prudential, and so on and so forth.
This reinsurance is normal and it means that no single company will have to face a major crisis on its own. I didn't find any relationship with Renault though and Companies House doesn't list any Overseas connections. Can you let me know what connection you found please?

Think I am just getting paranoid now! I will pass it to my lawyers anyway just in case. I am more interested in getting Renault to sort this mess than the money (although getting the money back I paid out would be good, it is not my priority).!
It's worth asking in case it has any relevance. Your solicitor's interest will be to recover your uninsured losses; he won't care much about putting Renault's World right. But in the process of winning there will be some weighty opinions expressed which might sway them.

Egg would not support my claim against Renault even though I had legal cover, that was a whole other sorry mess. I got conflicting advice, told if I claimed I would have legal cover to claim back off Renault then after I made the claim told I could not. Told I could not have any info or reports from Egg in case I decided to take Renault to court (this is what made me suspicious in the first place).!
That may be due to the wording on your policy. They cover certain circumstances but not others so you need to read your policy document carefully. I found Norwich Union Direct also wouldn't cover legal work against a Citroen dealership over negligence on a car stolen from them, and which then got cloned and ending up in my possession. Luckily, I had home insurance legal cover too (not that they did much more than try to put me off.... luckily I went on with my direct correspondence and got most of my money back from DVLA). The fact they wouldn't disclose sounds a bit ominous (alarming in fact) and a bit like they are one and the same or at least have the same goals in view. So yes, mention it to your solicitor. It may also be that they happen to be the insurers of Renault UK. ?

Anyway off to enjoy my last 35 minutes as a 23 year old!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISSY. Make it the best.

Oh to be 24 again
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome