Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #294 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault-what a joke?

Hi all, and happy birthday to some! Just found this website after looking for problems with renault bonnets!

I was driving my girlfriend home on sat night at about 9 o'clock straight road, luckly no-one else about in a 30zone when the bonnet opened, it smashed my windscreen, dinted the roof, wrecked the bonnet and hinges. It was such a big impact, it even knocked the light out of the roof of the car! I was only doing 30mph!

Anywho me and the girlfriend are both ok, bit shook up but no injuries.

I purchased this car, which by the way is an 2003 Clio Extreme, from a renault dealership at the end of june 2006.

I am so ANGRY!

If i had known anything about his problem i would have done something about it to ensure that this would not happen! After notifying my insurance but not yet putting an official claim in i went to the dealership, after two hours of shouting i got a helpline number...brilliant.

I spoke to the helpline number this morning and have just had a call back, basically i was accused of not closing it properly. b*****ds!

My problem is i am male and 20, if i claim then I initially have an excess of 800, any will lose no-claims and premium shoot up again, im with Norwich Union.

What should I do, any advice greatly appreciated.

I get gist from previous posts that some people threaten renualt but dont actually do anything.

I can asure you i will not let this go, it could have killed us!

I have already phoned watchdog...3 times! and am currently drafting a letter to VOSA, what a waste of government money that sounds like, the Renault dealership and renualt UK!

The car was in at Kwik-fit the day beofre for them to change two tyres, they say they did not open the bonnet. I went after them first, as i thought it was their fault, a guy from kwik-fit came round and said that the problem was a faulty bonnet lock and safety lock, he said he wont write this but i have his number and he said he would quite happily tell renault that this was the cause.

Sorry for the rant, tis my first post. Any help greatly appreciated, thank you!

Currently in jamie9dh's garage:
2003 Clio Extreme 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome