Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #298 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by jamie9dh View Post
Yeah got loads of pictures, thats the thing that i find so frustrating, it could have been avoided had i known to check it!
Can you upload a couple of pics of the devices themselves?

Does it look like the bonnet hasn't been opened for quite some time? You might see a habitual wipe across the dirty surfaces if it was opened. Were you waiting while Kwikfit did your tyres?

Originally Posted by jamie9dh View Post
I was considering getting the insurance to cover a new windscreen and getting a bonnet myself, then my no-claims is kept and premium doesn't go up, in this case i will have to go through court action myself, small claims court maybe? Then i won't have to pay their legal expenses, just an initial thought, let me know what you think
What about the roof damage if you do this? And you still have to pay a 60 excess for the windscreen.

And how do you know your premium won't still go up? You have to inform your insurer of the incident whether you claim or not and they will take this into consideration.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome