Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Problems - Flat Battery

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2007 Thread Starter
mike nash
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Flat Battey Problems

Please help if you can i have an intermitant fault with my wifes scenic the battery goes flat after 2 -3 days i have fitted a new battery and its not fixed the problem i have checked the alternator output and its kicking out about 14.5 volt and is ok under load ie with lights heaters on etc , i took the car to the main dealers over xmas for some saftey recalls and told them about the problem ( it is draining at about 2.5 amps) they said they had freed the rear door locks off and that cured the problem but 2 days later flat battery

so starting with what renault said playing around locking and unlocking the car will remove the fault if it is showing

I have now took the rear panels off the doors and disconected the rear door locks ie unpluged the loom from the lock mechanisam

When now checking the drian current by mesuring between the negative terminal of the battery and the negative battery connection it mesures 0.009amp (noramal drain current i have been told by renault) but when the fault kicks in the drain current goes up to 0.25amp

any ideas mike
Currently in mike nash's garage:
Scenic 1.6 53 Plate Vvt
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome