Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Oil Change - Be aware!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Oil Change - Be aware!

Been as I've fed my brain off this forum for the past few weeks I thought I'd share my experience of an oil change and put back a little of what I've taken.

If you are considering doing and oil and filter change yourself on a Lag II be aware...there is a what seems to be pointless (I can't see the need for one) plastic tray covering the whole of the front of the car, hence blocking access to the sump bolt.

If the bolts securing this tray have not been removed for ages (like over a year) the heads just snap off. The result?....a 1 hour job took me 5 hours because I had to cut around the sheered bolts, make new holes for new bolts, and also zip tie the tray through any holes I could find.

Knowing how brittle the securing bolts are I'd reconment soaking them in something like WD40 or oil before taking a ratchet to them.

Is there really a need for one of these silly trays? I've never come across them on any other cars so why have them on Lagunas!

Currently in jamesleicester's garage:
Laguna II 1.6 Expression 2001
  5 Lastest Threads by jamesleicester
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help!!!!! Removing A Nut Cars & motoring jamesleicester 9 1701 26th September 2007 08:10 PM
Front Suspension Strut Spring Removal? Cars & motoring sport1 9 8762 25th September 2007 10:45 PM
Laguna 2 Coil Spring repair tomorrow! Cars & motoring jamesleicester 6 2029 24th September 2007 10:43 PM
Poor Fuel Economy??? Cars & motoring jamesleicester 3 1665 30th May 2007 10:43 PM
Upgrading elec window switches? Electronics jamesleicester 3 1066 30th April 2007 10:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome