Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio III Rear fog lamp(s)

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
A multimeter should give the game away. Disconnect the multi-plugs from both lamps and look for a 12v feed that's only there when the rear fogs are on.

I'm guessing that they will have modified either the loom or the bulb holder. Don't ask me why they do this. Surely it'd be simpler just to take the bulb out, then you'd have one less thing to worry about if you ever needed to export the car to a LHD country.

As Chris says, you can always just run a positive feed from the other lamp if there's no rear fog feed at the plug. If you need to modify the bulb holder then things might be a little trickier.

One of the things I've always liked about most recent Renaults (until they introduced the Modus and the Kangoo at least) is that you get a fully symmetrical set of tail lights, even on the smaller models. I hate cars with a reversing light in the left hand cluster, paired to a rear fog in the same position in the right hand one. Though for some reason, I can cope better if the asymmetric lights are kept below the bumper line (e.g. on the original model Focus hatchback.)

Well at least your lights look sensible while they're off, but I'd still be a bit peeved that you only have one rear fog working. Considering you have the high level brake light, the 'masking' excuse doesn't really cut it anymore. There's no reason why your car shouldn't have two working rear fog lights.

I'm pretty sure my 2005 Lag 2 has both of them working. I'll have to double-check now.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome