Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #301 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
That would be brilliant, I am lucky in the sense that, a few months ago i was looking for a project, i bought a 1990 VW Golf to restore, it passed its MOT yesterday so i have transport again! If i could get a direct number for someone at watchdog that would be brilliant. I decided to get the windscreen done through insurance because the excess was only £80 and it does not affect no claims or premium, although, i may cancel this if renault and/or watchdog want to see it, do a report. Hopefully we can get renault, one of the people at renault rang me to tell me it was my fault as i had not closed the bonnet properly, opened it about 4 weeks ago last, i gave him hell. I was amazed when he said that Renault did not believe it was a manufacuturers problem, appartenly they had 350,000 sales last year and this has only happened an a minority, 100 according to watchdog estimates. He said that to me! after that comment he didnt give me his name. I replied by asking as a 'caring manufacturer' if they considered it to be ok that they only put a few peoples lives at risk as long as they lined there pockets with the sales of thousands of faulty cars...he didnt reply! I will not stop till i get the response i want and the response that people who have bought clios are owed!!!

Still ranting and angry if you hadnt guessed!!!
Currently in jamie9dh's garage:
2003 Clio Extreme 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome