Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #309 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Meesh View Post

Unsure of why you were unable to PM me iv checked my setting and it should have been an option. My lawyer has advised I accept the cheque from Renault but to write to them stating - I am happy to accept the cheque "in full reimbursement of the monies paid to Arnold Clark Automobiles Ltd in respect of invoice no. H****** dated 13/11/06".

I have emailed my contact at watchdog about your incident as I think it would be an ideal case for them to cover. As you have not had your car fixed yet they would be able to get an independent report carried out and Renault may not be able to get away with this for much longer. I tried to PM you but you have not enabled private messages (their may be a problem with this at the moment) can you contact me with a phone number or email address I could get Watchdog to contact you on please.
Hi Meesh,
I got the message that you cannot be PMed. Anyway, you've seen Jamie's thread and that's the most important.

Your lawyer's advice is as I anticipated but I thought it would be more convincing coming from him. This will give double surety as they have already said in their covering letter that the amount is in respect of the "faulty " device.

I have to say "well done and keep pushing" for the effort you are putting into this. Sooner or later, public opinion will prevail and if fleet managers decide to shop elsewhere (Do Clio's sell well to fleets?) Renault will be faced with a situation similar to the dCi-engines debacle (they eventually had to accept to repair or replace many many engines FOC).

About PMing Jamie, I think it may be that as he is new to the forum, he doesn't have the facility enabled yet; there is a criteria of X posts and X weeks before it is. So it may be best to establish a different line of communication..... but don't leave us in the dark because of it.

Good luck both of you.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome