Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio window mechanisms at low prices

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
It amazes me how some people are able to stumble across their own websites.

I had some fun on Usenet once with someone who did exactly this while trying to set up a new company. He'd even set up with a name that sounded uncannily like that of one of his better established competitors, though they'd changed to a different name a few years previously. Obviously he was hoping to leech off their reputation.

He then posted to Usenet, saying "I found this website and I'm thinking of giving this company a try, what do you think?" But the daft sod signed his message using his real name, which just happened to be the one he'd registered the website domain with.

The real problem is that if you get caught out deceiving people with your advertising, they're hardly likely to put their faith in your product or service. So this kind of advertising is self-defeating really. Be honest and up-front about what you're doing, and you'll earn people's respect and, more importantly, their trust. But once you've chosen to go down this route, the damage is probably done.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome