Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 3 Coupe 2008 - 2012 should I buy?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 19th December 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna 3 Coupe 2008 - 2012 should I buy?

Hi Riki,
I just recently got a Coupe but I got the 3.0dci.
Overall I think its a lovely car, really a great motorway cruiser and very comfy.
The ride is a little hard at low speeds but once up to motorway speeds it rides very well.
With your kind of mileage I would avoid the 3.0 as I am struggling to get above 40mpg combined but I don't do as many miles... (its a peach of an engine though)

If you can find a GT then I would go for it. I really like the 4ws, makes low speed manoeuvring a doddle, and makes the higher speed stuff more interesting!
I like the leather interior too. Seats are very, very comfy for me.

Not so good stuff about mine:
The interior is a bit rattly, but I think I may have a bad one for that and I don't think its anything that can't be fixed with some time and patience.
I miss a few of the little things that the Germans seem to do well like indicators that flash 3 times with a small prod, and the functionality of the onboard computer just isn't as good as what I am used to in the VAG family. Its all tiny things I can live without but it just isn't quite as well thought out.

However they are very, very rare on the roads so thats a big plus for me. They look great, are cheap compared to their German counterparts, are plenty roomy inside (at least in the front) and have a decent sized boot.

Mine is the sort of gold colour (actually called stone). I had serious doubts about it from the photos but in the flesh it looks great, so if in doubt about the colour give it a chance until you have seen it!!

If you have any questions just let me know, if you are anywhere near Hemel I will happily show you round mine....
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome