Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Heating and Cooling - Possible fix for cold heater

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by allan1972 View Post
my heaters are cold and ive tried to fix this for a few weeks now my 2 heater pipes are boiling hot i checked this after i had removed the glove box and when i removed the bleed screw the water hit me in the head im confised as why is the heater still blowing cold air into the car i have also flushed with garden hose
Even If the water is spurting out of the bleed screw that does not mean that it is coming from or through the heater. It can still have an air lock somewhere.

For instance if you clamp of the pipes in and out to the heater you will still get water coming out of the bleed point because the system is such that the pump is still working water through the system. If the water was stopped pumping through the system by a heater blockage the whole engine would overheat wouldn't it? So there has to be a flow from another source to counteract this potentialy disasterous scenario.

That one threw me for a while with my Espace heater. Water pump changed - no heater drivers side. I could not understand why as there was hot on both pipes to the matrix but no heat and water jetting out of the bleed screw. Then the penny dropped.

It was a persisting airlock causing the problem. The remedy would take too long to go into. But basically I had to drill holes in the matrix unit inlet/outlet plastic moulding under the dash and fit bleed screws. That finally got rid of the air locks and got my heat going again - and that after two days of constant bleeding. What a job!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome