Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Carminat update including TMC

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 17th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by lagunatic2003 View Post
got a 2002 laguna still with its original disc and trying to update it and get my tmc working. anychance you can help me out
I got an 02 Laguna too and it was delivered to the previous owner without TMC. The reason was that Renault hadn't finalised their business with whoever sells the TMC service.

I wrote to Renault Customer Services and told them that, in spite of the fact that the original brochure said that the Carminat had TMC, they had never supplied an enabled disc for it. So could they please find a way to supply me with one? They then supplied a 2003 version FOC of course.

Try it. If you get nowt come back and tell us and we'll see if we can help in some way.

Looking further up the thread, I notice that Horatio is disappointed with the performance of TMC. He is not the only one I have read about who isn't impressed. But I have to add that, leaving Southampton at 1 am or so, (on M27 leading to M3 and M25) it told me that 40 miles ahead the road was blocked. Having read of so many false alarms, I decided to ignore it and continued along the motorway instead of turning off towards Newbury (A33 & A34 were available), only to find out much further on that it had been right because they were doing night-time repairs to the M3 at Frimley if my memory is good.

So you ignore it at some risk really because the last minute deviation became rather complicated and slow even at night.

Good luck with RCS and do tell us how you get on. Oh! And I do believe the recent cd/dvd has a time window for TMC (i.e. it will last for a year and then you have to pay for the service) whereas the older 2003 doesn't (I think... says I hopefully).
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome