Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A few anoying problems you may be able to help with?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for all your usefull advice, it is really apprieciated.

I was hoping to have a look at the car this weekend but didn't get a chance, I did however seek advice and costs from a mechanic and again, would really appreicate your help.

The niose when turning seems to be a ball joint on the drivers side steering arm, I have seen it and it has collapsed and a lot of play is present. It didnt expain why the problem was heard on the other side of the car but I suppose that may be impacted by taking the load of the turn?

The gear box problem was described as the clutch. It makes sense as the mechanic informed me if I pressed real hard in the cluth, the gears go in easier, however the problem is still there and no matter how hard you press on the clutch, reverse is very difficult.

Anyhow for these two problems, £500 + in the mechanics sky rocket is the quote. Seems a lot and I was suspicious after the messages in this post.

I have jacked up the car and checked the linkages, one arm is solid but another is loose, with a small amount of play. I asked a firend to change gears and I could just see a rubber bush mishaped and not looking quite right. It may be this is the shape for any such device but without the knowledge, cannot be sure. Apparently, the gear box is the same a 4 wheel drive renault 25 (Espace is the old Quadra (4 Wheel Drive model) but the drive shaft is not there, making it 2 wheel drive).

I would really appreicate some help on this one before I get ripped off or spend money in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome