Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Three tickets - and you're clamped

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I don't approve of clamping on public roads. The whole point of parking restrictions is to prevent people from causing an obstruction. All a wheel clamp does is force the owner of the car to continue to obstruct the road for even longer. If a car is actually in the way, then they should tow it. If it isn't, then why have the parking restriction in the first place?

On private land, clamping is often just a licence to print money. But sometimes it is the last resort for the land owner who finds their parking facilities regularly abused. Our local branch of HSBC is a prime example. It's impossible to park in their car park, because it's chock full of shoppers who are too tight to pay 50p for two hours Pay & Display in the council ones. I've had to park elsewhere a number of times, got to the bank and been the only one in there, yet the car park was still full. I honestly wish my branch would start clamping.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome