Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Multiple Clio problems 2000 1.2

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd December 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Multiple Clio problems 2000 1.2

Hi, I have some multi problems with my recently bought Clio.

I have searched for some of the answers (and found them) but I have some remaining problems which I can't find specific answers for.

My first is the hand brake.
The person I bought the car from told me the entire "front" part of the hand brake cable has been removed. however, when I spoke to the parts shop, they said there are actually 2 cables for the hand brake. do these 2 cable directly connect the the actual hand brake or is there some sort of "connecting cable?

2, my next problem was the spongy brakes. I replaced the rear drivers brake cylinder as it was leaking, and bled the brakes. However its still spongy. this would imply that the master cylinder is broken.

I remember when dealing with a 1986 Opel Astra, that a remedy for this problem is simply to change 2 small little rubber rings inside the master cylinder. Is this still the case, and would I be able to do a "cheap" fix on the Clio's master cylinder?

my other problem relates to the steering fluid. I accidently poured brake fluid into it. will this be a problem?

All other questions I found answers for.
If you can help, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Steve
  5 Lastest Threads by Steve90k
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Multiple Clio problems 2000 1.2 Brakes/Hubs lucky7 3 789 22nd December 2013 11:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome