Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Not happy with aftersales care

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to RockAngel
Not happy with aftersales care

I bought my scenic monaco a week ago from a used car dealers in Pontypool. It cost me £2,795. After i paid the deposit, they assured me that the car would be completely checked over before collection. It had a broken wing mirror and they said they would replace that. I picked the car up and discovered on the drive home that the heating wasnt working so i called them once i was home. They said to bring it in so their mech could have a look, its under a month's warranty. We dont live locally to them, its a 30 mile round trip. Took it back and the mech told us it was the matrix that had gone.That was tuesday of this week. He told us to take it back on Thursday morning and he would get it done. So we took it back on Thursday ( in the gales!). We found out that the mech hadnt arrived but was assured by the receptionist that he would be shortly and the car would be gone within an hr or two. So we wandered around for that time before calling them. The mech still hadnt arrived! So we had to call a mate to come and pick us up as i decided to leave my car there for the mech to do the job in the pm. I called them again at 4pm, it wasnt the heater matrix but the water pump and that they would get the part and do it for Friday. I called them again this morning, only to be told the part wasnt in and they wouldnt be able to do it until saturday. I told them i wasnt happy about this, that i was assured that the car would be checked over before collection and that i was incuring costs of travelling to and from home. Then i had a call from the boss basically telling me if i wasnt happy, i could have my money back on the car. I said i didnt want my money back as the car is fine, just a servicable heater! He got quite shirty with me, saying that what did i expect for a 'cheap' car and that the problem must've happened AFTER i drove the car away last week! I basically told him that was rubbish and that at almost 3k, it wasnt a cheap car to me!

I feel like i'm being made to feel awkward and that its all my fault and i'm being a complaining customer. Where do i stand on this?

oh btw.. they did fix the wing mirror... they stuck a magnified one ON TOP of the broken one!
Currently in RockAngel's garage:
1998 Renault Megane Scenic Monaco 1.9DTi
  5 Lastest Threads by RockAngel
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Getting fed up with the niggles Cars & motoring ottoman 2 1060 9th March 2007 02:49 PM
Not happy with aftersales care Cars & motoring robster 18 2579 19th January 2007 12:46 PM
Renault Scenic Monaco heating matrix Heating & cooling RockAngel 2 962 16th January 2007 12:30 PM
Where's the nearest dealer in R.C.T? Regional activity grog 3 1150 15th January 2007 12:14 AM
Hi everyone! Welcome to RenaultForums davesss 3 803 12th January 2007 08:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome