Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - High prices Itís not just Renault

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 27 Times in 25 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Thanked 1,796 Times in 1,375 Posts
Re: High prices Itís not just Renault

Originally Posted by GreetingsFromFinland View Post
Haven't faced that yet by myself but the previous owner of my Scecic told that in authorised Renault dealer the fixed time for changing the head light bulb is 75 min. With a hourly cost of 100 Ä plus the new bulb it will do something like 130 Ä. I guess that's worth learning to do it by myself.
Yup worth learning. I've heard tales of people being quoted over 120 pounds in UK for a bulb change at Renault.
The question is, do Renault techs actually remove everything the book says or squeeze their hands into tight spaces like the rest of us which makes it under 10 minutes and a struggle ?

Washer bottle side isn't too bad for access. Battery side is tight. Both are do-able without moving anything but it does help if you have small hands. I haven't
Taking the battery out does give easier access.
At least on my Scenic the bulbs are in a twist and turn bayonet fitting instead of the fiddly spring holder thingies n other cars.
Currently in Dancingdad's garage:
Qashqai 1.6 spark driven, Kia Sedona 2.9 TDI, Scenic II 15DCi 2004 (SORN) not quite RIP.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome