Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - High prices Itís not just Renault

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: High prices Itís not just Renault

The interval for changing the pollen (cabin) filter is very much dependent on weather conditions and also where you live or regularly park the car. I worked with one guy who parked his car beneath trees on a regular basis and the cabin filter bunged up at least every 12 months - sometimes sooner. What many people tend to forget is that the heater blower motor depnds largely on the incoming air-flow to keep it cool so any reduction in air flow will shorten the life of the motor.

I would recommend a pollen filter be checked or changed at least once a year especially after Autumn leak fall.

In my Honda Civic changing the cabin filter is a two minute job requiring no tools whatsover. Open the glove box - release the side stays which allows the glove box lid to open wider - reach in turn two plastic quarter turn thumb screws - remove the cover - exchange the slide in filter which I can buy for around £6-00 to £8-00.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome