Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #314 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'm Back!

Originally Posted by Meesh View Post
It is a shame that Watchdog have decided not to cover either mine or Jamies case but I believe they are covering a case from Glasgow and one from London. Hopefully the program will now add some weight to our cases.
Sorry all for lack of responses - been on a few business trips whilst I've been back and swamped with various social events (hard life you know this 2007 malarkey!).

Anyway, saw quite a few of these recent postings - a lot seem to be replicating the all too familiar reports of incidents...

Funny that if there were isolated and small numbers, Renault could argue the causes of them, but a growing number (of the same type of incidents) and the very fact Watchdog are intending to revisit (don't worry I'm setting my Video already!), is enough proof that this is not going away.

You know something, thinking logically and strategically, I can see the Renault's plot. Fob off everyone until the time when the cars are all replaced with the newer models (i.e. the old model versions are scrapped) and the problem goes away! Cos we all know that the new designed catch doesn't seem to pose the same issues!! Subtle but brilliant hey? - this seems their plan!!

But I think we MUST remain committed to fight this - even to name and shame them!

Will shortly post an additional note, as I've heard something back from VOSA (including the head of the group) and Renault UK / Renault France (including from the CEO's office!)....not pleasant reading I'm afraid!!!!!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome