Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Current MPg on computer

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Laguna II Owner
the only way to get instant mpg is to reset the trip mileage thus reducing the averaging every couple of miles - however ( and this is a biggy ) when you have around 20 mile left in the tank the mpg function stops - mr renault trying to prevent you from not filling up - i have recently fallen foul of this ( see me recent thread - help lag won't start ) so best bet is to fill up when the voice synth states "warning...... fuel level low" - welcome btw

This seems to be the way with all modern trip computers - when you get to within about 20 miles or running out the display shows all - - - -, mind you that isn't a bad thing because you know YOU need fuel if you get that display. I ususally wait unitl the low fuel light comes on and then fill up at the next convenient time. That way I know I have at least 2 galls left in the tank to get to a filling station.

At least the fuel gauge is reliable - the digital guage on the Picasso is very unreliable (it's a long story, but 5 yrs into production Citroen still haven't got a software fix for it) , there are also issues with the trip computer being innaccurate as well.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome