Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - General Advice Including Parrot Bluetooth

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Gael33 View Post
Just an after-thought Solly to allay any confussion. I originally wanted the 2.0 DCI but because I don't rattle up the number of miles that I used to now I'm retired, the salesman explained that economically the cost of Petrol counters the cost of Diesel when milages are taken into account. For Diesel to be viable one would have to drive many motorway miles, whereas, in the city there is little or no difference between Diesel and modern well serviced Petrol engines. (If anyone disagrees ... please write and say why?)
Incidentally, what colour did you get? My wife wanted the Metalic Twilight Blue because we have never had a blue car before, and it also looked nice.
Cheers, Gael33

I drive an 05 Scenic II 1.6 Privilege my fuel consumption is 43 mpg On mixed motoring and a light foot, Some other owners I have spoken with have only been getting 26 mpg in town driving only, The Grande Scenic is a bit heavier than the 5 seater, The recent updated version has some improvements, Dipstick is easier access, Improved the automatic wiper settings, some suspension modifications, Tail gate lifts higher, protective strips on boot flooring, a number of minor niggles with the wiper pattern, Fuel filling is good with no fuel cap needing to be removed, dimming mirror is very good , comfort and layout of the interior is very good, lots of storage space for bits and bobs, filling the washer bottle is awkward without splashing the alternator, front spot/fog lights are very poor but dip and main beam are very good, Horn I feel should be a lot louder, Hands free entry is superb, folding mirrors very useful,Car is very easy to park, Grande Scenic I felt did not handle as well as the 5 seater but still OK.

Any other questions you have, I will be only to pleased to try and answer them.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome