Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - General Advice Including Parrot Bluetooth

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Grand Scenic 1.6 16v 7 seater

Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
I drive an 05 Scenic II 1.6 Privilege my fuel consumption is 43 mpg On mixed motoring and a light foot, Some other owners I have spoken with have only been getting 26 mpg in town driving only, The Grande Scenic is a bit heavier than the 5 seater, The recent updated version has some improvements, Dipstick is easier access, Improved the automatic wiper settings, some suspension modifications, Tail gate lifts higher, protective strips on boot flooring, a number of minor niggles with the wiper pattern, Fuel filling is good with no fuel cap needing to be removed, dimming mirror is very good , comfort and layout of the interior is very good, lots of storage space for bits and bobs, filling the washer bottle is awkward without splashing the alternator, front spot/fog lights are very poor but dip and main beam are very good, Horn I feel should be a lot louder, Hands free entry is superb, folding mirrors very useful,Car is very easy to park, Grande Scenic I felt did not handle as well as the 5 seater but still OK.

Any other questions you have, I will be only to pleased to try and answer them.

Fáilte. Well, that's a lot of very useful information you listed there, much better getting this kind of feedback from fellow drivers than reading the usual propaganda that is written in the company brochure. Seeing that you are getting good fuel consumption (with a light foot LOL) I will probably get somewhere around that too. Since I retired I've slowed down a bit and leave the racing to the young bucks, especially in the rutting season ... if you catch my drift
How is the Scenic as regards 'Roadholding'? My Punto was as slippery as an eel on some surfaces.
Currently in Gael33's garage:
2010 Renault Grand Scenic Privelege 1.5dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome