Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - General Advice Including Parrot Bluetooth

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Gael33 View Post
Fáilte. Well, that's a lot of very useful information you listed there, much better getting this kind of feedback from fellow drivers than reading the usual propaganda that is written in the company brochure. Seeing that you are getting good fuel consumption (with a light foot LOL) I will probably get somewhere around that too. Since I retired I've slowed down a bit and leave the racing to the young bucks, especially in the rutting season ... if you catch my drift
How is the Scenic as regards 'Roadholding'? My Punto was as slippery as an eel on some surfaces.
Hi Gael,

The 5 seater I have found it to be very safe and sure footed in most driving conditions, A lot better than the Punto in bends not the jiggly feeling you get while driving the Punto, The 7 seater is not as good I felt more bounce with the greater rear overhang and if all seven seats are in use it seems wooly, Wheel and tyres sizes differ on each model and can make quite a difference to the handling, Also the Grande Scenic with the Panoramic glass roof was not as stable ,But it is still acceptable , The Scenic II is not put off track by cross winds , In my opinion the Focus C-Mac or VW Touran were the best handling of the MPV class of car, But overall the Scenic II for space, flexibility and standard equipment plus price was a better option.

I originate from Brahan Seer country but now live in Macbeth country

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome