Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - DIY turbo swap on a DCi (turbo failure)

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sweet Jesus!!! After reading the posts on this thread my a**ehole's gonna pucker up everytime i press start on my Lag!! Now i dont know about the rest of you but it has put me off owning the car a little!Its like reading a Stephen King novel this thread!!I always thought that the Garret turbo was rock solid too,and maybe it is and its just the rest of the car thats poor.I really dont have any probs with mine yet........ (touch wood)........ and i never had any major problems with the old 2.0 Lag.Wheel sensors are a cow mind you but thats something i can live with.When i bought the car i took slight comfort in the fact it had a fully up to date service book.It was an ex company vehicle and is now on 111 000 miles.But after reading up on this it would seem that problems can arise at any stage regardless of miliage,regular servicing etc.Something needs to be done here!Its pretty damn obvious that its now common knowledge turbo 's are expiring early.Renault has no b*ll*cks when it comes to admitting failiure on design.I apologise for my "colourful" language but seeing what some of you guys have gone through with Renault makes me a little peeved!They may aswell take the shirts off our backs!!!!!!!

Thats all i have to say on the matter

Currently in Bigbadtez's garage:
52 Renault Laguna 1.9 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome