Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Removing rain/light sensor, filler flap, wiper arms and badges?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th December 2013 Thread Starter
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Removing rain/light sensor, filler flap, wiper arms and badges?

OK, I have this old Clio II that's off to the big motorway in the sky, been stripping off the easier to access parts to eBay and scrape back a bit of value from it...

Only a few things I'm bothered about have bested me so far...

> I can't get the wiper arms off (seem to have seized on their mounts?) even though I've undone the bolts and pulled/levered like billy-O, which also means I can't claim the motors.

> The windscreen-mounted rain and light sensor seems to be stuck in place by means unknown - I've unclipped the metal brackets that *looked* like they held it in place, but it still won't come, and I don't want to lever it too hard lest it breaks the screen...

> The fuel filler flap seems to be fairly valuable and sells well, but I simply can't see how you remove it - even Haynes is completely silent on the issue. The visible parts are paradoxical... there are visible hexnuts, but they're protected by a pair of plastic collars that are strongly bonded in place?

> Also the front and rear badges should attract a few pounds, but I can't see how to get the Renault logo ones off without deconstructing the front bumper and rear lock mechanism, and the name badge mount pegs seem very fragile - the only one I tried to lever out so far snapped on me...

Can anyone advise or give any tips on getting these off without damaging the car underneath? Quickly if possible, so I can do it before it's collected

(Oh, and would it be worth claiming the rear seat cushions and the headrests, without bothering about the seats proper? I can do that quite easily, but storage will be rather more of a problem than the rest of the parts)

Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
  5 Lastest Threads by tahrey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Midlands scrapyards? General Chat hondo 3 829 28th December 2013 01:10 PM
Removing rain/light sensor, filler flap, wiper... Bodywork tahrey 2 1265 28th December 2013 01:07 PM
Clutch replacement interval? Transmissions Meganeman 5 2357 2nd September 2013 08:57 AM
Clio DCi 5 / 6 speed interchangeability? Transmissions tahrey 0 639 2nd September 2013 08:47 AM
bizarre gearbox fail, 2007 clio dci Transmissions tahrey 2 1255 20th August 2013 09:01 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome