Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic ICE improvement

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by Gonescenile View Post
I've upgraded our whole system with a Sony GT30RN Mp3/WMA headunit - see here for details of how to get one for only £47 The Mégane II Owners' Club :: View topic - sony at argos - the headunit will work with the fingertip controls and dash display if you have the latest Update list CD unit fitted as standard. It also comes with a remote if it doesn't.
I've also fitted a set of 4 Infinity 13cm door speakers and a 760W amp powering a single 12" boxed JBL subwoofer.
My amp is away for repair at the moment and I'm undecided as to wheter or not to refit it when I get it back as the new headunit seems powerful enough on it's own.
Running the power supply for the amp from the battery to the boot isn't a job for the faint hearted - it took me about 3-4hrs
A new headunit and a set of door speakers should be enough of an improvement over the standard Renault equipment.
Hope this info helps
Hi gonescenile,

Does this head unit play OK, All steering controls work O.K.

Must try and track one down.

I got a quote on friday for supply and fit by a Renault Dealership to my yet to be ordered new Scenic II £325.00 exactly the same headunit, amazing what ...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome