Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Water Leak Into Car,Possible Fix

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Iv Got A W Reg Scenic Had It For 4 Yrs And Always Had A Leak Resulting In Water In Foot Wells . I Seem To Have Cured It Last Wk End After Lots Of Tries And Failures .
I Dropped The Roof Lining Opened The Front Sunroof Then Removed Most Of The Small Bolts That Hold The Silver Frame In Place , I Did Not Remove The Bolts At The Back Of The Frame .
I Could Just Pull The Frme Down About An Inch Or Two So I Could See A Black Rubber Seal At Each Front Corner Gave Them A Clean And Put A Lot Of Silicon Sealant Over Them , I Put So Much On So When I Bolted It Back Up It Oossed Out . I Then Made Sure It Was Water Tight By Putting More In The Area With My Fingers . Make Sure You Do Not Block The Drain Hole In The Corner And While I Was At It I Ran A Flexable Rod Down The Pipe But All Was Clear .
I Also Removed The 2 Screws That Hold The Wing Lining In Place To Reveale The Drain Pipe Exit They Were Not Blocked But A Large Build Up Of Mud Was Removed And The Area Washed With A Hose .
This Week Has Been The First Time We Have Driven The Car After Rain And Not Got Dripped On In Four Years ! Brilliant
Currently in RUSSBUS's garage:
The Following User Says Thank You to RUSSBUS For This Useful Post:
artdriver (28th December 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome