Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio central locking problem with a difference (I think) !

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2007 Thread Starter
laying larry
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio central locking problem with a difference (I think) !

Hi go easy on me this is my firs post, I donít know a great deal about cars my main interests sits with laying as the name suggests, but I have a problem if aby one can help I would be most grateful.

I have just purchased a clio (S 1998) 1.2 for my daughter. My problem is I canít use the key fob to lock/unlock. Reading through the threads I think I have eliminated the receiver by the interior light as when I put the key in it switches off the immobiliser and the engine starts. I can use the button down by the gear stick to lock the doors and unlock. If I use the key to lock the door it just locks the drivers door (I would have thought it would have locked all doors) I have tried the following:

press the central locking button in the car, held it
till the doors locked then unlocked then pressed remote on key .

When I press the button in the car the doors lock then unlock and the red light on the dash stays lit. The key fob appears ok as when the fob button is pressed there is a red glow.

Cheers LL
Currently in laying larry's garage:
1998 clio 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by laying larry
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio central locking problem with a... Electronics safmulla 4 4295 21st January 2007 08:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome