Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 3.0 V6 - Good buy or avoid at all costs?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Mine is still available and it seems to be a good one with only 25+k miles. It is an Initiale with the top spec.

The only probs it has had concerned the ignition coils , two of which Renault have just replaced free of charge. They will now be under warranty for 12 months.

It is on an 02 plate, and therefore will soon qualify for a cambelt change despite the low mileage (they say 72k miles or 5 years whatever comes first) as it will be 5 next May. Your judgement is as good as mine whether to do it or wait a bit longer.

The V6 is a lovely car and considering it is a 150+mph car, it is quite economical. Motorway miles are around 35/36 mpg or mix around 28. They are lovely cars so read recent threads like where the last page is relevant to your question.

I was after 5750 but have done a few more miles now so it will be around 5k as I will do even more this week as my son is on detachment in uk flying Airbus from Bristol for 10 days, so I shall be doing some nice long drives this week when he's off duty.

I think it is the nicest car I've ever had but I need a van soon to take abroad.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome