Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - General Advice Including Parrot Bluetooth

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by solly View Post
We picked up our new Scenic Grand 1.6 petrol on Saturday morning and have now clocked up 250 miles driving on both motorways and around town.

So far we are getting around 30mpg but the engine is still new and needs to ease in a bit so hopefully we will get a few more miles to the gallon soon. I've got to say this car is very easy to drive. I was worried about it being underpowered but it seems to have quite a bit of punch in it.

I also wanted a 1.9 diesel but was told by the salesman (who was not in the least bit pushy) that because I did not do much long distance driving, petrol would be the best option. Apparently if you do not take these diesel engines on frequent long runs, the filters clog up and you need to take it back to Renault to have them reset.

The car is extremely comfortable. We have the special edition Dynamique with part leather seats and all the little extras like climatic control and we really cannot ask for much more.

The gadgets are great. You don't have to think about anything except driving. My wife is worried that I will get so used to the automatic handbrake, that when I drive her car, I will park it on a hill and forget to put the handbrake on. Oh she of little faith!!!!

I am thinking of buying the Parrot Bluetooth system for it. Has anybody had any experience with this? The dealer wanted 200 as a special offer but my local audio shop will fit the same thing for 140.

After driving German cars for many years, I never thought I would end up with a Renault but I have got to say, so far, I am glad I did.

Good, glad you like your new car Solly
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome