Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2001 passenger door doesn't unlock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 2001 passenger door doesn't unlock

hello Forum,

I have repaired a broken left side passenger door handle with the help of this forum, very good information available here! I have replaced a broken little plastic plug with a 4mm bolt.

This worked for a few days for 100%, and it is still working, but I have a new problem now:

When the car is locked with the central door locking mechanism and is unlocked, the left passenger door cannot be opened from the outside. I have to open the door from the inside, and then I can use the outside door handle again. This will work also after closing and opening the door, it acts normal. But if the door is locked and unlocked again with the remote control, I have to open the door from the inside to unlock it manually.

Does someone recognize this problem? It took me a long time to fix the broken door handle (difficult and painful job.....), I don't want to do it all over again without knowing what to search for. Maybe a new lock will solve the problem, I am looking already for a used one.

The door is where my little boy sits in his chair, it must be possible at all time to open the door from the outside, for example in case of an emergency or car accident.

Thanks & bye,

Amsterdam - NL
  5 Lastest Threads by Raabje
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 2001 passenger door doesn't unlock Bodywork Dancingdad 4 1144 30th December 2013 08:22 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome