Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbee Scenic questions

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Newbee Scenic questions

Hi all - just purchased and collect tomorrow a Sept04 Grand Dynamic 120 Dci. It is ex. Renault fleet and done 55K miles but that was reflected in asking price (Purchased from main dealer). This is a second car for us and will be used by my wife covering about 5K miles year so was not too worried about the 55K on the clock now.
Anything to watch out for over and above the Turbo concerns I know about ?
For info. I live with the daily fear of Turbo failure as I have a BMW 320D - it is a common problem on that but for different reason. As far as I can tell the Renault issue is EGR caused. On the 320D it appears that the oil seperator filter is never called up for replacement. Eventually it blocks up and causes excessive smoke, this gets worse and eventually the excessive sump pressure blows the Turbo seals and we have the same situation as Renault - runs on its sump oil and pops !
I have cleaned the EGR on 320D as it does get clogged and cause performance issues - is it as easy to get to on the Renault 120Dci ?
Thanks in advance
Currently in gjr's garage:
2004 Grand Scenic 1.9DCi
  5 Lastest Threads by gjr
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Middle row seats Interiors Lagdti 5 1597 9th February 2007 10:51 AM
Newbee Scenic questions Cars & motoring Lagdti 4 1259 22nd January 2007 11:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome