Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Removing rain/light sensor, filler flap, wiper arms and badges?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2013 Thread Starter
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Removing rain/light sensor, filler flap, wiper arms and badges?

Thanks Noel

Don't think I'll bother with the wipers then! Doubt I'll make my money back between the puller, ebay listing fees, postage etc. I'll let the scrap man have 'em.

The name badges are very definitely attached using some kind of peg / grommet system that's aged rather badly, so the thread trick probably won't do much. Was wondering if they could be pushed through from the other side, maybe? I couldn't see anywhere obvious when I looked before though.

Logo badges are inset to the boot catch / bonnet grille anyway so would need another way of doing it.

I did suspect as such for the filler cap but there's no mention of it anywhere that I've looked so far - I'll take a quick peek in the boot, maybe try peeling some of the trim away, but I don't know how bothered I can be about going any further. Rolling around trying to get the arch liner off - and then maybe back on for the look of the thing - just doesn't seem worth it in the current climactic conditions.

...any further advances on the sensor pack or big badges, anyone?
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome