Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2001 passenger door doesn't unlock

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th December 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane 2001 passenger door doesn't unlock

It worked as it should for a few days. Then one day I closed the door with the remote control and I heard a "tick", but I didn't realize what it was. When I tried the passenger door the next day the door wouldn't unlock from the outside, only from the inside. Maybe a spring out of place, or some other broken plastic part.

Anyway, I am just back home from the scrapyard, I have bought two rear door locks (left & right) for 20 euro each. The right side lock is for future repair, my experience with Renault is all kind of things can happen. And I have read a lot about problems with Renault passenger doors.

I will replace the lock, that's more efficient than to take the faulty lock out, examine the problem, put it back in the door and connect it to the door handle (painful job, not enough space for my hands), search for spare parts, and a few days later do it all over again for final repair.

Hopefully the lock from the scrapyard is working.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome