Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - leaking pollen filter, problem, comon?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hey, thanks, well i did a cheeky thing today and went tot he local renault garage, lol, parked rite outside the workshop, and walked straight in , hehe got a engineer who didnt look to busy and jst spoke to him and asked him bout this water leak, lol, he came over and sed ahh.. the 3 door model.. common leaks for that rear pasenger footwell is the back rear window which is sealed shut, it leaks through their and on the inside of the plastic in the back and out at the bottom jst near the black ring, which holds the bottom of the seat belt, he sed u'll notice it if u take inner plastic off and run a hose pipe over it, and then he told me that renault have a contract with RAC who rebond them windows to solve the problem, or sumthing, he jst told me if i have rac get them to do it, or use my insurance if they use autoglass.. which lucky 4 me they do, will sort it out sumtimje soon, sorta covered up with work at moment, well at least i kno the window needs rebonding

lol, another thing, i plan on putting in the k&n panel filter and pollen filter (replace) sometime soon, was jst wondering where the pollen filter is? is it easily accessible?
any tips? i think from what i can see its on the left hand side under the bonnet at the back, as the right hand side has the screen wash bottle.. if it is.. i noticed a plastic type plug, on one end of it, dont know if its screw.. how do i get it out? does it break ? coz i kno on my cousins vauxhall to change the pollen filter he had to break it and then put a new one in...

Currently in eggy790's garage:
2000 (W) Renault Clio Alize 1.4 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome